On May 6th, IDX Broker is hosting the Eugene PHP Users Group (EUG PHP) meet-up!
Join us on May 6th at 6pm, as we host the next Eugene PHP Users Group Meet-Up. If you’re a local web developer, skilled programmer, PHP enthusiast or expert – or just interested in PHP, in general – please join us!
Barret Avery, Data Systems Lead at IDX, will be talking about the change in programming philosophy our data team is currently going through. He’ll talk about where we’ve been, where we’re going and why. Learn more about the Procedural to OOP talk he’s giving for the event.
Other topics he’ll cover include S.O.L.I.D. programming methodology and the Laravel PHP framework, and the pros and cons of each when dealing with large amounts of data.
EUG PHP is all about PHP development in the age of ubiquitous internet. PHP has come a long way since its humble origins and drunken adolescence. The barrier to entry remains intentionally low but today PHP also enjoys an excellent toolset for testing, design, coding and deployment of modern web and mobile-focused applications. Even more importantly the PHP social community is welcoming and vibrant.
Some topics we cover are:
• PHP Frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, and Silex
• CMSes such as WordPress, Joomla, and Expression Engine
• Design trends and tools, such as Bootstrap, Foundation, and Material Design
• Coding tools and resources, from vim to PHP Storm to GitHub
• Software design patterns and testing strategies, TDD, BDD, DDD (!!)
• Databases from MySQL and PostreSQL to Redis and Neo4J
• Mobile app development, especially hybrid HTML5 mobile apps
• Cloud Deployment, Vagrant, Docker and hosting
If you’re interested in any of these things, regardless of your skill level or follower count, join us! You don’t need to be a PHP developer, but you do need to be PHP-friendly. And people-friendly too, because like any Meetup half the reason we get together as EUG PHP is to make friends with others in Eugene’s growing tech scene.
We’re expecting a great turn out, so come meet a few IDX employees, get to know your fellow programmers, and make a deeper connection with the local tech community, here in Oregon. Check out all the EUG PHP Meet-Up details and RSVP today!